Quality Gaming Mouse for MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Fyremyst, May 3, 2012.

1. Fyremyst macrumors newbie

So. I'm looking for a quality gaming mouse for my MBP. So far I've been using the mighty mouse, but I don't really like it so that's out. I'm into wireless. I was looking at the Razer Orochi, but it's price is a little on the high side and it seems to small. I would really like to get a Razer, but they're too much for what they are. I'd like a wireless mouse that stands out (LED display nice design etc.) and that can get the job done (gaming etc.)

Thanks.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

:rolleyes: If the Razers are "too expensive" maybe you should clarify what your budget is. Also if you really want a gaming mouse it's not going to be wireless.

3. rpmor macrumors member

wireless isn't a big problem for gaming depending on the games you play. if its FPS then ya its a problem; i have the Orochi (13inch 2011 MBP) having come from an Abyssus and the original model Lachesis before that (the latter's sensor died). All i can say is the Orochi is actually comfortable to use; i was very worried about the size at first but then jumped at it since I didn't want to lose the limited usb ports I had to a receiver or a wired mouse. I'm very happy with it (almost considered a Mamba though but remembered the port issues and the fact that it wouldn't be a portable solution at that point). What you might read about online is the sleep mode. Yes it does go to sleep in 3 seconds. However it doesn't lag heavily during wake up; for me at least its quite responsive but in game you'll never leave your mouse without a fraction of movement for 3 solid seconds. All in all I'd recommend it but due to its size you might want to find a place you can try it out (i couldnt i just bit the bullet). Unfort Razer decided against their usual product case design so you cant even have a feel for the size by opening the flap.