Quality iPhone replacement LCD's?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vertigomhs, Apr 11, 2013.

1. vertigomhs macrumors member

I'm looking for a reputable dealer of iphone and ipod touch replacement screens that are of decent quality. By screens I mean LCD display assemblies including the plastic border, digitizer and LCD.

I recently ordered a display assembly from buyiparts.com and the whole assembly was just cheap and not anywhere near OEM. When I installed it the LCD would push up against the glass when you touched the corners and the LCD itself was just horrid in picture quality. So now I need to return the assemblies I bought from them and get some new ones.

I know OEM parts are limited and the only place that I know of that has them is ifixit, but theyre too expensive. Does anyone know of any good dealers for LCD assemblies? Preferably close to OEM or even true OEM parts for iPhone 4, 4S and ipod touch 4th gen? Thanks :D

2. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Out of warranty service on iPhone 4 is $149. I would probably just do that because you'll end up getting a complete replacement phone.

In my experience it was very hard to find a seller for genuine or high quality screen replacement kits. They were all low quality junk.

3. vertigomhs thread starter macrumors member

well the parts aren't for me, I'm fixing a few friends' iphones and ipod touches.

4. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

Even iFixit.com does not use OEM parts. Their digitizer glass is not OEM, it is a high quality replacement. We carry the the same quality as iFixit.com but at almost half of the price.

We have all of the iPhone 4 and 4S screens, but iPod parts are not available yet. I will PM you with more details.

5. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

"We stock the highest quality parts for your iPhone. We are a team of hardware experts, and repair ninjas, advocating for DIY Repair." -- Nice bio. Something tells me you're not here for community contribution, but instead to capitalize on the community. Could be wrong though.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i have personally purchased from iCracked.com twice, once for a 4 and once for a 4S. both worked perfectly, came with instructions and a tool kit and were very competitively priced. i would suggest using them.

7. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

Please check out all of my past comments. I try to comment and add value to every thread relating hardware. I made a recommendation to OP because my vendor status relates to what he is talking about.

8. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

I see your previous comments and they do seem helpful. Question is would you still be here posting if you weren't promoting?

The way you have set things up with your screen name and profile tell me that your main goal is to attract buyers by commenting on threads. That makes me feel like thing things you're doing and saying here aren't genuine. Could be wrong. Just my thoughts.

9. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

OP best of luck with finding good quality screens. Be careful of the super cheap screens as they have terrible after market displays. Try to stick with an assembly that has an original display so you don't compromise on a vivid retina display.

For Mac: As per the rules of the MacRumors Forum, a Vendor can post about their product or service if: You are replying to forum posts to answer questions when your product/service is particularly relevant to the question. Example: Your company or product was mentioned by name or your product suits a specific requirement being discussed. My product is iPhone replacement parts. The OP is looking for a replacement screen, which is relevant to the products I carry. I have helped in a bunch of threads here on MacRumors. My specialty is hardware, so that is where I focus my attention. Yes, my screen name is my irepairparts, and I have a link to my site in my signature, which is allowed per Mac Rumors rules. My intent is to help people with hardware issues. If sales trickle in because of, then great. If not, I am glad I was able to help someone.

10. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

He's a registered site vendor. Wether he helps or try's to get someone to buy the part they need from him, what's the issue. He isn't some random person pawning off wares. He's properly registered through MR as a vendor, hence his "vendor" icon. Lots of forums, especially car forums, have native vendors that help members and sell their products to them at discounted rates. Is this particular seller reliable? I don't know. But he's playing by the rules according to the MR site so he's well within his rights.