Quality Laptop backpack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jimkale, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Jimkale macrumors newbie

I need a good quality backpack that I can carry around all day. It should have good laptop padded section to hold 15” laptop, few other pockets for keys, iPod, files etc. My budget is around $150 - 200.

2. kenwalton macrumors newbie

3. ton123 macrumors member

I am super happy with my Incase Compact Backpack. It seriously makes my mbp 15 feels ultra lightweight to carry around. Has lots of pockets for charger, mouse, etc. It even have a small dedicated pocket filled with microfibre lining to protect your precious stuff not to get scratch.
    The design are simple and comes in different size / color. The back side is generously padded and provides contour to your back. Cant recommend enough. :)
    They are available in Apple store so you could give it a try and see if it fits your needs.

4. billpaxton macrumors member

billpaxton

using Booq Bag – 17" i7 MBP in my Booq Boa Squeeze.

AMAZING quality, lined all the way through, so many pockets and places to store things.

also would recommend and only cost me $130AUD.00

aussie link to rushfaster Booq Boa Squeeze

5. clarkmichelle macrumors newbie

Jim, check out this backpack from Briggs & Riley. It has a laptop compartment to fit a 15” laptop. It also has a tech section and an organizer section to carry other essentials. The straps can be adjusted for a comfortable fit!

6. noshjewman macrumors member

I highly recommend Spire - well made, great customer service.

spireusa.com

I've got the Volt with a Boot (a very small bag or sleeve that the computer slips into.) It's a large backpack, but packs up small as well.

7. Jimkale thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the wonderful suggestions, guys. I am evaluating a few options including Chrome, Incase, and Briggs & Riley. Any idea who offers the best in warranty and customer service? I would appreciate if anyone could share their personal experiences with these brands. It will make my job a lot easier!

8. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

North Face Surge. Been using it for med school and it's well worth the $80 i spent on it. Can fit my 15" MBP in there along with a library books.

9. oliverhoward macrumors newbie

+1 for Briggs & Riley. My B&R backpack is different from the one that clarkmichelle has suggested. I can personally vouch for their lifetime warranty and customer service – easily the best that I have known and enjoyed!

10. Jimkale thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, everyone! I am going ahead with Briggs & Riley's Glide backpack. It looks nice and has great features plus their offer of lifetime warranty is actually quite attractive!

11. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

i have a incase compact, its a lightweight, durable , designed for macbooks and is water proof.

its the best backpack i have owned, it has spots for mouse , power brick , and other stuff but its really compact.

i can post a pic if u want to see it.

i recommend it highly.

12. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

I didn´t suggest the Wenger maxxum just because you asked for "FEW other pockets" and the maxxum has lots of them.

However, when you asked for warranty I felt obliged to contribute with this: It is a great backpack for carrying more than just your well-protected-and-finely-padded macbook, distributing the weight evenly, with very smartly designed and comfortable shoulder straps (with something akin to a bungee strap material incorporated) standing on its own when thrown on the floor, and with a lifetime warranty that I've had the chance to enjoy (really, when was the last time you felt you enjoyed a warranty?).

It is big, but then, when you need to pack your macbook (plus accesories), books, clothes for the gym, tennis shoes, and a few other things on your bike, or in public transport, nothing beats the wenger maxxum in versatility and comfort.

Other great bag company that offers lifetime warranty is Brenthaven, however, I haven't used any backpack from them, only messenger bags (They're great, by the way).

13. SESpy macrumors regular

SESpy

I just got the Incase Nylon Backpack. I am gonna do a review soon, a detailed review!

14. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

Nothing but Tom Bihn.

Jimkale, look into my eyes when I tell you this :D- Tom Bihn bags are THEE BEST for your laptop.

Get the Brain Cell (either horizontal or vertical depending on how you plan to carry it) and a Brain Bag.

This combo beats Booq and Incase hands down. Seriously.

Tom Bihn uses great material, it's high quality, and it's made in U.S.A.

It may be expensive, but you get what you pay for from them. I will never use anything other than Tom Bihn as long as they keep producing a product as good as this.

15. JustsomedudeIRL macrumors member

I know you said you were going to buy a BnR, but I just came in to vouch for Chrome. I purchased the Dually. It is made America , extremely durable, weatherproof, comfortable, lifetime guarantee, and it looks unique.

The only problem I have is the lack of padding on the bottom of the bag. If you dropped your bag on the floor bottom first it wouldn't be a good thing for a laptop inside. This seems to be easily remedied by getting some 1/2"-1" thick foam and placing it at the bottom since the inside area is removable. In other words the foam won't be visible inside or out and you'll have great drop protection.

16. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

tom bihn sucks....period.

i know a few with the brain cell and it has fallen apart from regular use......garbage product.

17. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

False.

-100 internets.

18. EstrlM3 macrumors 6502

19. blythyftm macrumors newbie

I am pretty much sure I am going to buy this bag for my 17" MBP as it looks almost perfect. One question I have is how much other stuff can you fit in while the MBP is inside? I am going to use it to get to and from work and more often than not I carry a container for my lunch and a water bottle. These will need to fit in along with maybe a book or two, so I wasn't sure if the squeeze would be big enough or I would have to go for the Mamba (I think that is the next one up)