Quality of Games When Using Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by RMD68, Jul 27, 2011.

1. RMD68 macrumors 6502

I recently ordered a new fully loaded iMac, and I am waiting for it's arrival which should be early next week. I plan to dual boot my iMac and run windows 7 (64 bit).

Will the quality of the games be compromised in windows mode when compared to running a game on a comparably specced native PC? In other words, if I had ran a game such as RIFT online on a fully equipped iMac and a equally powerful PC, will the quality be the same (speed, graphics, audio, etc.)?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. doh123 macrumors 65816

installing Windows directly (not in a virtual machine) will basically make it a PC when you boot into Windows, so it will be just like any other Windows PC. Make sure you have updated GPU drivers and it should run just like a similarly specced PC sold with Windows already on it.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Only (IIRC) two games run better on OSX than Windows. So generally speaking you'll be able to play at higher settings or get a higher framerate.

4. Hansr macrumors 6502a

No, on a spec for spec (hardware, software, drivers) same machine there is no possibility of this happening. How could there be?