Quality of the iPads Apple gives as replacements?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by musika, Dec 8, 2011.

1. musika macrumors 65816

musika

I'm about to go to Apple (in a couple days) to exchange my iPad due to hardware malfunctioning. I'm wondering... How is the quality of the iPad they give you as a replacement? I know it's a new case (no scratches etc), but it's a refurb, right? So is there anything wrong with it that I should be worried about? If it causes problems I guess I'll have to exchange again. Really wish I didn't have to do this, my iPad is in perfect condition. Unfortunate that the screen has decided to malfunction.

2. fullojellybeans macrumors regular

The replacements are tested to work better than the one you have currently so I wouldn't sweat it. It just comes out of a brown box, just doesn't have all the accessories with it. Back it up before you go to the store. As long as it isn't damaged you'll walk out of the store with an in warranty replacement

3. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

I had mine replaced because the mic stopped working, the replacement has been flawless.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

Right, if it's refurbed, it'll have a brand new shell and a brand new battery. It's covered by the remainder of your iPad's warranty, or 90 days -- whichever is longer.

I wouldn't say that 100% of the replacements are perfect, just like 100% of the brand new ones aren't perfect. But I also wouldn't say that the replacements fail at a higher rate than the brand new ones. Chances are very good that you'll be fine!

5. musika thread starter macrumors 65816

musika

Wow okay! Thanks guys. I've replaced stuff from Apple before, but I know that iPads aren't perfect, you guys reassured me. Thanks!

6. Meanee macrumors 6502a

"Refurbished" is not a scary word as a lot of people make it out to be. Typically, refurbs work quite well, since they are pretty much rebuilt at factory and tested. There will be a case where refurb is not as good, but those are quite rare, and manufacturer will replace it.