Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
Does everyone elses video suffer from quality when you send it by text using cellular data? Only time when the quality of the video is "decent" during transfer is when both devices are on wifi..

I was hoping maybe with LTE speeds and new hardware the iPHone 5S would have improved this...

Is there any other solutions besides using wifi or emailing? Thanks in advance.

jimmysalg

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2007
Miami
Does everyone elses video suffer from quality when you send it by text using cellular data? Only time when the quality of the video is "decent" during transfer is when both devices are on wifi..

I was hoping maybe with LTE speeds and new hardware the iPHone 5S would have improved this...

You can uploade to youtube etc. Unfortunately when sending video via MMS it converts it to a lower res

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011

AirDrop.

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010

I was actually thinking about that and I have not been able to test this yet..
So the airdrop method keeps the quality of the video intact? Any limits to the video file size?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.