Quandary: Apple replacing parts, but cannot be without MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by one1, Jan 20, 2008.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

I really hate this. Apple has agreed to generously replace $180 worth of parts on my MacBook, which is 1.5 yrs out of wty. Of course they will need to pick it up and send it back. The process will be 3 days total before it gets back here.

I run an E-business and really cannot be without the book. Since it is out of wty I asked if there was even a remote chance of me sending them only the parts that need replaced for wty swap (since I won't have a wty on these parts either way). I knew the answer was no, but I had to ask, eh?

I have Apple on one hand being absolutely wonderful to me and helping me out, plus I get to keep nearly $200 in my pocket. I have work on the other hand and cannot do without the book. The parts are mostly cosmetic and I could do without them for a few days and still have a (quite ghetto) functioning MacBook.

I suppose my question is if you were in my position would you take it on the chin and accept whatever downtime and inconveniences the situation brings to accept this rare gift, or would you suck it up and boot the $200 to buy the replacement parts and just give Apple an approving nod for trying to help?

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Use your 17" Powerbook while your Macbook is out of commission. I would accept this very generous offer from Apple.

3. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

At the moment, I need the windblows side to run a few programs that I can only do on the MacBook in BootCamp. I absolutely must have the unit to work. The downtime won't kill future dreams or anything but would be a horrible inconvenience.

4. f1 macrumors 6502

What parts do you need for your Macbook?? Do you, or do you know someone who owns a PC so you do your windows stuff?? Apple has been very kind to replace your parts under a customer service code. If your macbook is still functioning maybe it might be time to go to the Apple Store when your less busy with your business and dish out the 180 dollars and get those parts replaced; the apple store usually has much faster turnaround time (48 hours standard (usually MUCH faster though), 3-6 hours procare in my area).

5. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816