Quandary - Launch Day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by InvalidBassist, Jun 12, 2010.

1. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

As a Pay-As-You-Go iPhone customer, the only way to get upgraded/a post pay account is to go into an AT&T store.

I was planning on preordering in store on Tuesday and then pick up my new phone before work on Thursday (6/24)... however, as we're all aware AT&T won't start giving out the preordered phones until Friday (6/25).

Should I not preorder and risk a possibly long line in the morning on 6/24 (I doubt it would be that long since I live in Southwest Virginia)? Or suck it up and have it delievered for when I would get home?

2. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

Why don't you just pick it up on the 25th.
    It's just one day for GAWD's SAKES! ONE DAY!

3. InvalidBassist thread starter macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

One day is a long time... I know what you're saying, but I get fairly bored at work so I read MacRumors, Engadget, etc. All of these will have reviews and launch day updates and it will be upsetting.
    Additionally my current 3G is in disrepair, almost unusable. So the sooner I get a new phone, the better.

To add further to my quandary, my friend pointed out that I may lose my $20 unlimited plan if I upgrade so perhaps I should just buy one without contract... thoughts?

4. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

Thank you for telling me that. Pre ordered on the 25th, huh? Heh. Works out real well for me.

5. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

If your concerned about getting the phone on release day, wait in line....