• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

dmcgann

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2006
ireland
this shows that apple really are going to come out with a new video ipod!! "will begin delivery next month"

Comment

dausone

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2005
yeah it could be read either way, good or bad news for those waiting on a new ViPod.

A good explanation why the 5G would be on the "at risk" list... because of this switchover....

Comment

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
The article I saw (I believe it was on digg) stated that Quanta was slated to be the supplier for the next ipod. Not the current iPod w/ Video, but rather the 6th generation iPod.

Comment

fradac

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2003
Atlanta, GA
hmm this is intersting

my Dad works at AMI (American Megatrends Inc, BIOS people) and Quanta is one of their customers

couple of years ago he actually went to Taiwan to the Quanta Office. i will see if i can have him talk to someone there. perhaps we can get a hint!!??

Comment

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
considering I already own a video iPod I'm rather un-impressed with the rumors of an "actual" video iPod or whatever their calling it.
So we'll get a bigger screen...umm ok.

Comment

boncellis

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
Salt Lake City
snkTab said:
But they just said that a design similar to the old 5g was re-sourced. That's bad news

It could also mean that if Apple is planning to introduce an iPod with a larger (wide)screen as has been demonstrated ad nauseam, the current 5G will stick around with at least similar specifications.

I see the rumored video iPod as an augmentation, not necessarily a replacement, but I suppose it will ultimately come down to the consumers.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.