Quark 9 on 10.6.8 - cannot get colour bars to print

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by geoffowens156, Oct 11, 2011.

1. geoffowens156 macrumors newbie

Hi,

New here and in need of some urgent help.

Just had Quark 9 installed on a new G5. Previously used Quark 7 but needed upgrading.

But now whenever I output to film for litho presses, I have to create a PDF or PostScript file. The imagesetter outputs the films no problem but there are no colour bars, or colour names on the films, just the job name and crop marks.

I've looked around trying to find if there's something needs turning on in preferences etc but no luck so far. There are Xtensions available but they are mainly for use when imposing several small jobs on a sheet. I just want to output my A2 films with the colour names on them, the printers downstairs are having to examine the colour proofs before making plates.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

2. mguenther macrumors newbie

Hi Geoff,

are you sure that you use QuarkXPress 9 on a new G5? As QuarkXPress 8.5.1 is the last version that supports PowerPC this should not be possible. Please also update to Version 9.1, which is the latest update for version 9.

Besides PowerPC support QuarkXPress 9 also removes support for host-based separations. You must be using In-Rip Separations. That might be the culprit, that the RIP doesn't handle separations well.

Send me an email please, there's a hidden cookie that enables host-based separations for QuarkXPress 9 if your workflow requires it (modern workflows recommend using composite). Please be aware though that in future we most likely will remove the ability to do Host-based Separations completely.

Regards
    Matthias