Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barbp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Just installed Quarkxpress on new imac and bought an inexpensive Canon printer -- PIXMA MP460. The printer works very well but not with Quark. All info comes very light -at about 30% of what it should be. Text is just a light yellow-grey. I have tried adjusting the color preferences in all different ways. Tried just printing B&W but still the same.

I think I read somewhere that I can try to troubleshoot with another print driver but don't know how to do that.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Barbp

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
You're not going to get too far with Quark without a postscript printer, or at least one with emulation. However, first you have to make sure you are using the correct PPD file.

Under Quark (I'm assuming it's v6 or 7), go to the Utilities menu and check the PPD manager to see whether the correct Canon driver is there and active.

Then when you do print, you have ensure that it is selected in the Setup options of the Print dialogue box.

barbp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Thanks

I found out that I can make a pdf file to print from quark, which is an annoying step.

I did go to the Utilities menu and check the PPD manager to see whether the correct Canon driver is there. There doesnt appear to be one (there is brother, hp, xerox...) But, when I print, Canon MP460 does come up. ???

Thanks, barbara

Snark

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2003
I found out that I can make a pdf file to print from quark, which is an annoying step.

I did go to the Utilities menu and check the PPD manager to see whether the correct Canon driver is there. There doesnt appear to be one (there is brother, hp, xerox...) But, when I print, Canon MP460 does come up. ???

Thanks, barbara
You can download the printer driver for your device from the Canon web site.

Snark

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.