Quarter Panel on Passcode SCreen! HELP!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dbom88, Nov 6, 2011.

1. dbom88 macrumors newbie

Hey, I recently updated cydia and I got the quarter panel but only for the digits parts of the passcode screen. It only allows me to enter 1,4,0, and *. Here is a video to clarify what I am saying. I also have the app igotya for theft purposes incase someone steals it. With this being the case all my settings, contacts, apps, photos, etc are hidden after 3 unsuccessful attempts to unlock the phone.
    I have tried to restore the phone but always get an error. Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-r7b6MpbNs

2. dbom88 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

What happens if you click in the black space does it register anything as sometimes its just the gui which is small but everything still in its normally place if that makes sense

4. dbom88 thread starter macrumors newbie

doesn't register anything. Only registers inside the small panel

5. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Can you ssh onto your phone? If so you could uninstall the package which caused the issue or see if you can boot the phone into safe mode and see i that resolves your issue

Here’s how you can enable “Safe Mode” manually on the iPhone:

1. Open MobileTerminal on the iPhone (If you’re unable to do so proceed with Step#2, else skip to Step#3)
    2. SSH to the iPhone using WinSCP/PuTTy (Windows) or Terminal (Linux or Mac)
    3. Login using the following default values (provided you haven’t changed them yourself):
    UserName: root
    PassWord: alpine
    4. Once logged in, enter the following command
    touch /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.saurik.mobilesubstrate.dat
    5. Respring the SpringBoard

6. dbom88 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think SSH downloaded when I jailbroke mine. I used limera1n and then it just downloaded cydia.

7. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Try using iExplorer (formerly iPhone Explorer) on your computer to get in and manually uninstall the offending package(s). Since your jailbroken it should give you access to the root level so that you can do that.

http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

8. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

OP, do you have afc2add installed on your phone? youll need this in order for iexplorer to work.

edit: do you by any chance have sbsettings? you can access sbsettings from lockscreen and get into safe mode this way.

9. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Great thinking on the SBSettings front, and I just double checked and I dont' have afc2add installed at the moment, and I was just able to get into the root directory on my iPhone via iPhone Explorer. Not trying to argue, or hijack the thread, but it's still worth the OP checking just in case.

10. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

thats good to hear! ive always had afc2add installed in every firmware because i like using iexplorer/iphone browser (mac) instead of ssh and thought it is necessary to have. ive never tried to run either (iexplorer/iphone browser) without afc2add so i cant comment if it works or not. at least now i know it works! 1 less thing to install.