Quartz crashed? Mac Pro 08 with 10.6.2

Discussion in 'macOS' started by inigel, Jan 16, 2010.

1. inigel macrumors regular

inigel

The Quartz on my Mac Pro has started playing up on me today. At first I noticed regular expose was slow and using stacks was slow. I thought nothing of it, thinking it might have had something to do with me burning 2 DVDs at once.

It wasn't until the screensaver came on, I normally use Arabesque, but when it came on the black screen with the word "Quartz Composer" came on. (See attachment)

I opened up the screensaver settings in the Preferences only to find the only screensavers listed is Flurry and computer name. They work fine.

I navigated to the System\Library\Screen Savers\ folder and all the screensavers are still present. I opened the Arabesque.qtz file, only to get the error message "Unsupported Configuration" (See attachment)

So then I decided to open System Profiler and check out to see if my card went ratshlt, but everything seems fine there. (Posted screenshot of profiler)

Now I'm running a 2008 Mac Pro 8 Core @ 2.8GHz with 10.6.2. The computer came with the 8800GT but I upgraded(?) to the Apple Radeon 4870 card.

Does anybody have a clue what is going on here? Can anyone suggest a fix?

I wont be able to perform a restart for at least another 5 hours (from this post) as I am downloading.

Attached Files:

2. errikidio macrumors newbie

exactly the same to me,,

anyone any solution?

3. errikidio macrumors newbie

ok, I did something and it seems to have solved it..

Install the xCodes from your Install CD.

Then restart or try to make a new user.

Seems to have worked for me.