iPad Quasar - better on iPad 2 or 3?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by derrick2005, Jun 25, 2012.

1. derrick2005 macrumors regular

So ive been using quasar on my iPad 2 for a few weeks now and think its absolutely worth the $10. I will always have 2-3 windows open and can do my work quite easily. I've been wondering though how much better it is on the new iPad with the retina display? Are the smaller text windows easier to read on the 3? Also, are there less of the weird window size problems that can come with pressing full screen? (this is driving me crazy at the moment). Would appreciate any input. I realize I could just try out a new iPad for 14 days but before going to the trouble I hoped to get some advice here.

2. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

It is definitely easier to read the small text, but unfortunately it still suffers from the weird resizing and crashes (which drive me crazy as well by the way)

3. derrick2005 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. As I use it all day would you say it's worth the upgrade?

----------

The window thing is really frustrating. I've tried holding the iPad really straight as I heard it could help - it doesn't!

4. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

From the iPad 2 to the 3? Absolutely.

Yup, rotating can cause the entire device to crash. Nevertheless, you don't need to hold the iPad absolutely straight - just don't rotate it from the default orientation.

5. derrick2005 thread starter macrumors regular

got the 3 today. Awesome. Quasar is great on it. Same problem with the weird windows occasionally. Hope a fix comes soon.

Now I need advice re selling my iPad 2....

6. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Amazon? They pay quite a lot and you don't end up having to put it on eBay for sale.

7. derrick2005 thread starter macrumors regular

Never heard of this option. selling thru them or to them? How does it work. Excuse the ignorance....!

8. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

text is really clear on the ipad3 when using quasar for smaller windows so deffo a win win there.

I have to say its a brilliant tweak but the crashing and the window resizing bugs really got on my nerves and i removed it from my iPad3. I will re-install it when those issues are fixed.

One thing that i would like to see with this tweak though is if you have twitter open, you resize that so its on the side of the screen and your then web browsing...at the mo twitter doesnt update its feed live, you have to click back on it to bring to front to update. its like its in a frozen state the way normal apps are without quasar, so this isnt really true multi tasking...

Just my thoughts :cool:

Andy

9. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

You can sell it to them and they will buy it right away, but you would be able to get more money if you sold it through them instead, but then you have to find a buyer

10. chokem macrumors 6502

I have several iconed bookmarks in a folder on my home screen. When I open the folder and select one of the icons, Safari opens, not the site. Is this a bug or can I tweak the settings?

11. chokem macrumors 6502

OK. thanks for the reply. That's annoying as hell.