Qucik switch on network setting?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by frankiechan1, Oct 12, 2008.

1. frankiechan1 macrumors member

ok i just got a mbp for skoo n its annoying how i haf to change the network setting everytime.... proxy maainly is there a quicker way to switch the proxoies??[ proxy wen im connected to the skoo network n no proxy while i m connected at the home network]

2. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

... What? :confused:

3. frankiechan1 thread starter macrumors member

like wen u r in xxx network it will use proxy but wen u r in yyy proxy it wont use proxy

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Can't understand what you're trying to ask. Can you please use Standard English?

And the answer is probably a NO.

5. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hi,
    I think I know what he needs. He wants to have two different network configurations and to switch between them. I dont know if that is possible. You could write a small sheel script which changes your ip settings for example.

For the proxy, if you use a http proxy in your browser, you can create different profiles in Firefox. One with proxy. one without.

Btw, it would be nice if you wrote with real worlds and not sms like language. You have a nice keyboard so use it ;)

cheers,
    Tex

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Sys Prefs > Network > Location > Edit Locations. You can then set up two different locations with the appropriate settings. Once you've done that, you can switch from Apple menu > Location.

7. frankiechan1 thread starter macrumors member

^^^^^
    where is the apple menu? sorry, im new to this whole mac thing

edit: nvm