Qucktime player

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by farnamseeb, Aug 12, 2008.

1. farnamseeb macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!
    Thanks for reading this.
    I don't usually use my Quicktime Player to open my video files but sometimes there are some files I receive via e-mail and by default I open them with Quicktime Player. Just some hours ago that happened and I opened the file, but I noticed that there wasn't any audio. The equalizer on the bottom right corner made some waves so I think there should be sound but somehow it is not being played through the speakers. I checked the speaker volum level on the application and on my mac, they both are high so why I don't hear the audio. Please help me because it's frustrating when I see an application doesn't work perfectly.
    Please help me to fix this problem.
    Thanks a lot.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

How do you know that the video file has an audio track?
    How do you know that the audio track has nonzero volume?
    Within the QuickTime Player, press [cmd]+[ i ]. The the video and audio formats in the Formats section of the resulting panel. Report back.

3. farnamseeb thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok this is sooo weird. I had sound today, without doing anything.:eek:

The information resulted by pushing command and i is: 1-Windows Media Audio 9 Standard, Stereo, 48.000 kHz
    Windows Media Video 9 Standard, 320 x 240, Millions
    2-DivX 5.0, 720 x 400, Millions
    MPEG Layer 3, Mono, 44.100 kHz

Today I opened another file and I had audio and after I opened these two files that I had problem with and I had audio.

I said I knew there should be audio based on the Equalizer at the bottom right corner of the playing window. When there is audio, it waves. And also one of the files I received with email so my friend told me there should be audio on that one too.

It works now, but I'm wondering what is the possible explanation for that!

You answer and help really appreciated!