QUE? New iphone in June 2011

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mademan12321, May 21, 2010.

1. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

:confused: Read this article this morning and I don't believe it for a sec:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/24368/20100520/larger-battery-thinner-frame-new-iphone-4g.htm

Heres what it basically says:

The next update on the next-generation iPhone is expected in June 7th where Apple will kick off a media craze expected to last until release June 2011.

Apple and Steve Jobs, meanwhile prefer to keep their focus on the iPad for now, with the international launch (for UK) at the Apple Store on London's Regent Street on Friday 28 May.

I just can't see apple just sitting on there hands when the EVO and Droid incredible are launched and have amazing hardware specs. You mean to tell me that after all the different products they have launched that they can't juggle a phone release that they have done now for 3 years. I know its about that time of the year that rumors are being sprayed left and right.

2. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

Hes just saying the hype of the new iPhone will last until the next release of the 5th generation iPhone in 2011

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

No, he said in no unclear terms "until release June 2011".

And this also seems off:

Has anybody seen anything from Foxconn on this? I haven't. I'm pretty sure I've seen IPS only.

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

He's pretty much saying that once the 4th iPhone is revealed, we should start anticipating the launch of the 5th iPhone scheduled for a release sometime in 2011. ;)

5. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Fixed that up to explain.

Also. If you think they'd go an entire 2 year period without an update, you're just silly.

6. cjandnw macrumors 6502

not until 2011

http://www.onlykent.com/20100521/iphone-4g-release-date-confirmed-by-foxconn/#more-10685

So many stories about the iPhone 4G are abounding that nobody can be sure any more of exactly what is happening. However it was widely expected that the next-generation iPhone available on AT&T would be announced at Apple’s WWDC starting June 7, and there’s also been much speculation about a version for Verizon maybe called the iPhone HD, being released later this year.

We also told you recently that around 24 million units of the new iPhone are supposedly being shipped this year and yet today there is news that seems to negate all this. An article by Jeffry McDowell on Gadgets DNA says that the International Business Times is reporting that the iPhone 4G will be available in June 2011, and not in 2010. Apparently iPhone collaborator Foxconn has also said June 2011 is the expected date for the 4G/HD.

Apparently the reasoning behind this is that Steve Jobs prefers that the focus remain on the iPad, and keeping up supplies for the huge demand for it. The other reasoning is that the major carrier’s networks will be ready for 4G speeds in a year’s time. We all know work on the 4G networks are continuing in earnest but so far only Sprint with the HTC Evo 4G, due on June 4, will be able to provide a 4G phone with a 4G service.

For more on this go to Gadgets DNA. What do you think of this latest report, it seems to me that an awful lot of people are going to be disappointed at this news. We recently gave you a story about the HTC Droid vs. the iPhone, and also another article about if consumers would rather wait for the iPhone 4G, but given it looks as though it will be another whole year before it comes, it throws a different light on the situation. We’d be interested in your thoughts.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yeah ok.
    There will be a new iphone this year.

8. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

No new iPhone for YOU!!

Attached Files:

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I won’t believe that until I see more credible website report it.

Anyway, the OP “quotes” an entire article, which then goes on to “quote” another entire article from another website. Please provide “quotes” to show this is not your thoughts, unlike the site you’re linking to, which did not.

If the source is true, then I’d imagine a lot of people are going to leave for the Droid, which is why I doubt the veracity of the source. Apple can’t be that stupid.

10. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Meh, I've just stuck my iPhone on eBay and if Apple don't release the iPhone HD this June then I'll just go ahead and buy a Nexus One

11. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Evo for me.

12. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

With Android selling extremely well, Apple would never be so stupid as to wait another year to release the iPhone. People with expiring AT&T contracts are never going to buy the 3GS knowing that another phone is on the way. The leaks have whetted too many people's appetites for a new iPhone, but not enough to wait an entire year. If this happens, I'm sticking with Sprint and going with the EVO.

13. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I would get the Evo, it looks like a fantastic phone but I live in the UK and it's unlikely we will ever see that phone over here :(

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

I know it's early But I couldn't resist when I found this pic

Yawn!​

[​IMG]

15. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

You bout made food shoot out of my nose...

Yeah A new iPhone is comming out this year.

When you put the 3gs next to some of the phones out now, its got some work to do.

16. SCOTTGAZ9 macrumors regular

SCOTTGAZ9

Heard this nonsense before.....the usual anti-apple brigade no doubt :rolleyes:

17. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

18. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I'll believe this statement when Verizon gets the iPhone.

LOL! :D