Query surrounding iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheGingerNinja, Aug 20, 2011.

1. TheGingerNinja macrumors member

Just curious about shipping times for iphone 5. Can anyone give me a rough time lag between ordering the iphone 5 and it actually arriving? As usually, even if you pre order it, there is a waiting time, just wondering if anyone could give me an idea on how long it would be...
    Will be my first iphone :D

2. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

It will be tough to tell until the day of pre-ordering begins and if pre orders go through the roof again like the iPhone 4 did. I luckily went to Best Buy on the first day of pre-ordering to purchase the iPhone 4. the day it was released, they only had 12 in stock. I went in after work around 3 to pick it up. I may have been luckier because I have a friend that worked on the phone department as well. I'd assume getting a package from Apple may be a better experience than say a 3rd party store like Best Buy.

3. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

When Apple announces pre-orders for the iPhone 5, the apple store website or carrier websites will be so backed up, your F5 button is going to get prison raped. If you manage to get a order through, it will be shipped (A) on the release day, (B) if you're one of those lucky b*st*rds, you might get it 1-2 days before the release date, and (C) usually this doesn't happen but you might get it 1-2 days after the release date. The only thing you have to really worry about is actually making sure you get to pre-order online.

4. TheGingerNinja thread starter macrumors member