Ques about battery life with parallel to use OneNote

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Lacrosseboss18, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Lacrosseboss18, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011

Lacrosseboss18 macrumors newbie

Hey
    I'm thinking about getting my first Mac; MBA 13, i5, 256. My biggest hesitation is that I really like using Microsoft OneNote for all my school note taking. I've looked into all the OneNote alternatives but I'm not interested in most of them. I do like the idea of running parallel. I was wondering what type of battery life I can expect to get with running parallel to use OneNote, minor web surfing, Skype and possibly recording the lectures? I'll be using windows XP Pro

Also how long should it take to fully charge the battery?

Thanks for the help

2. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I know exactly how you feel as I was there as well when switching to Mac. OneNote used to be my favorite application. I have transitioned (mostly to Evernote) as it wasn't worth it for me to run Windows through VMware all the time.

In any case, you probably wouldn't get more than 2.5-3 hours of battery life if you were to run Windows through a VM. Someone here may offer more exact data.

3. jcg878 macrumors member

Parallels sucks down energy fast. I wouldn't count on more than 3 hours from while running it. I mostly use it for either Quicken or databases that require IE :rolleyes: so I never use it long enough to run out of juice, but the battery estimates that it shows are not flattering.