Questing about eyetv hybrid and miglia tvmini hd

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by apattee, Jan 31, 2008.

1. apattee macrumors regular

Right now, I have a miglia tvmini hd hooked up to my mbp. I have it connected to my coaxial cable and am receiving HD through that input. However, with this product, I am not receiving any of the analog channels.

With the hybrid, if I hook that up to my computer, will I be able to get the HD channels and the analog channels at the same time through the coaxial cable? Or is the only way to get HD channels with the hybrid over-the-air?

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Thanks.

2. vmarks macrumors newbie

The Hybrid only knows HD over the air and analog.
    The TVMini HD only knows digital and HD over the air and over coaxial cable.

There is a new Hybrid that knows both HD over air and cable, and analog, but you have to buy a new Hybrid from elgato to get that. And be careful, they named it exactly the same way, so you could end up buying exactly what you already have.

Miglia also has a TVMini HD that does all three signal types, but it isn't available yet.

Rather than get either one of those, why not connect both with a good splitter (2Ghz, 2-way) and some short cables, and use the two tuners you already have?