Questino regarding Apple Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joejoejoe, Jun 11, 2007.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Hey guys,

I recently configured apple mail to work with my gmail.

I made a new mailbox so that all of my Facebook messages go into that folder instead of my inbox folder. It works fine, my only issue is that when I get a new facebook email, mail doesn't show the red dot in the corner of the icon displaying that I have a new mail, nor does the icon bounce the way it does when I receive other emails in my inbox folder.

Can anyone help me correct this?

Thanks in advance.

2. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

sorry to bump again but in the heat of leopard this got pushed to page 3 with no responses.

can someone at least point me to the right direction?

Thanks guys.

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

If the mail doesn't go to your INBOX but to another folder, the app has no idea that you have received new mail.

I presume you created a RULE to do the moving. Why not add a sound or a dock bounce to the rule instructions?

4. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

That sounds excellent and I think would solve my problem... but I don't know how to create a specific rule for my new mailbox... all the rules seem to either have to do with the Inbox folder, or moving something from the Inbox folder to the new mailbox... can't seem to make it so when something is moved the icon bounces...

5. operator macrumors regular

Try re-creating that new inbox. I have about 6 different email inboxes in Mail, and they all trigger the little red dot.

6. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

7. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks again for all the help, I've got another question.

I plan on buying an iphone within the next couple of weeks.

on my macbook pro, when using gmail with mail, every email i send shows up in my inbox folder (is this with everyone or just me?)

if this is a common problem with gmail and pop, will i also have this issue with the iphone?

if not, how do i fix it on my mac??

thanks