question abou the "copytrans tuneswift" software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dvir971, Oct 8, 2011.

1. dvir971 macrumors regular

dvir971

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Why not just copy the iTunes folder? That contains everything but the Device backups, which you can transfer from:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

3. spoon72 macrumors regular

spoon72

4. dvir971 thread starter macrumors regular

dvir971

I Have a Windows 7... Where does this folder is. Which folder i need to copy - the one in the program files or the or iTunes media folder in my music?

And does the software works in the trial version too? (in the free version would it do all the copying I need?).

5. hildaneuenhause macrumors newbie

i used tuneswift to backup and move my itunes library from my old Dell PC to my new Mac. It backed up all my iTunes contents without a glitch. I think the program also backs up itunes from PC to PC.

To be honest I was quite lost on how to transfer especially from PC to mac. I looked at a couple of apple support pages to see how to manually do that by copy/pasting particular itunes' system files and folders over. total mess I would say i am not a computer freak and went for the tuneswift method instead.

yes the program is paid - as far as i know i don't know what the trial can do as i bought the program before using it.