Question about 1.1.3 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dakotaiphone, Feb 13, 2008.

1. dakotaiphone macrumors newbie

I am fairly new to the iPhone scene at this time. I have been doing as much reading as I can, and I sincerely apologize if someone has already answered these questions.

1. I would like to jailbreak my iPhone 1.1.3 OoTH (16gb) using the ZiPhone method. Do I need to use the unlock function if I have a valid AT&T contract?
    1a. If I choose not to unlock it, will it still break the locateme functionality?

2. To restore to a clean locked 1.1.3, I just restore it via iTunes, is this correct?
    2a. If I chose to simply restore it, does it completely erase everything that may have been installed via a jailbreak (ex. would it free the used memory that was occupied by the apps, not just not allows access to them?)

Thank you for your answers.

2. munroe macrumors regular

Yes. The jailbreak for 1.1.3 requires use of the 4.2.13_G baseband (from 1.1.2). 4.3.13_G is required for Maps to work correctly. That being said, several people are reporting fixes/workarounds. (I'm trying to find one myself.)
    Yes.
    Good question... anyone else?

3. munroe macrumors regular

Look here for some clues: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=433639