Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Hey guys I found a great deal on a used 2016 Macbook and had a few questions before pulling the trigger.... Originally I wanted to get a macbook pro but found myself using my laptop less and less so figured I didn't really need a pro, my uses are web browsing, itunes, Microsoft office (heavy excel use), photos and occasionally iMovie video editing (nothing crazy or pro), citrix to connect to my work PC virtually and youtube with ocasional movie watching on quicktime.

I am pretty sure I know the answer but in the opinion of macbook users will I have any issues, hiccups with my usage? In my opinion the macbook is more than enough but wanted to get affirmation from actual owners

Now for my second question - is the early 2016 Macbook the one with the new skylake processor? as far as I know there is an early 2015 and an early 2016 so I would be getting the newest model correct?

Computer info screen shot provided:

Attachments

• 00p0p_2oOzijlcO8F_600x450.jpg
    00p0p_2oOzijlcO8F_600x450.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Hey guys I found a great deal on a used 2016 Macbook and had a few questions before pulling the trigger.... Originally I wanted to get a macbook pro but found myself using my laptop less and less so figured I didn't really need a pro, my uses are web browsing, itunes, Microsoft office (heavy excel use), photos and occasionally iMovie video editing (nothing crazy or pro), citrix to connect to my work PC virtually and youtube with ocasional movie watching on quicktime.

I am pretty sure I know the answer but in the opinion of macbook users will I have any issues, hiccups with my usage? In my opinion the macbook is more than enough but wanted to get affirmation from actual owners

Now for my second question - is the early 2016 Macbook the one with the new skylake processor? as far as I know there is an early 2015 and an early 2016 so I would be getting the newest model correct?

Computer info screen shot provided:
The Mb should be fine for your usage. Yes the 2016 is with skylake. Kaby lake update will probably happen in April...

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
The Mb should be fine for your usage. Yes the 2016 is with skylake. Kaby lake update will probably happen in April...

Great thanks. I am reading through the thread now of whats expected in the Kaby lake update. But I think I am going to jump on this one since its the high end M7 and I can get it practically new for $650 off the retail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.