Question about 4 finger swipes on old MBP with 10.6

Discussion in 'macOS' started by conquistador, Aug 24, 2009.

1. conquistador macrumors newbie

So right now i have a 2008 Penryn Macbook pro with the 4 finger swipe trick in place. I know that Snow leopard is now going to enable this for the old multi touch trackpad users once it is installed. But since i already have the hack in place, when installing the new OS will it hiccup when it sees that and have issues??

I dont know if any of you guys could possibly know this but if anyone does that would be cool..

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Reason #34X8709A-5 to NEVER upgrade an OS in place: God only knows how the new version will react to all the tweaks and hacks you did on the old one.

A clean install may be a lot of work to get back up and running, but luckily you have a Mac and live in 2009. Your Mac can basically do it all for you while you watch TV or do errands, or whatever. Just do a clean install then use Migration Assistant on a TM backup to get your user files back (music, pics, documents, settings, etc). Alternately, just back up what you need. A little cleaner that way, but more time and work, since you have to copy stuff manually.

3. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

you cant do a clean install of SL unless you reinstall 10.5 or get the box set

4. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Link or it's just your speculation.

Hell, AppleInsider said you could do a clean install from the update disk, so you REALLY need a link.

5. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

no link needed. you can erase your hd using disk utility before installing snow leopard, and voila! erase and install :) this is from 10A432 too :cool: