Question about 4S and downgrading

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 3bs, May 19, 2012.

1. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I'm currently on 5.0.1 and I've tried the new redsn0w to downgrade back to 5.0.1 and it works fine.

My question is, if I were to update to 5.1.1 and stay there and Apple released the next update of iOS whatever that may be (5.1.2 or 5.2), will I still be able to use redsn0w to downgrade back to 5.0.1 provided I don't upgrade to this new update? Or does Apple have to be signing 5.1.1 for me to use redsn0w? I know it's been said that Apple will implement something to stop us from being able to downgrade but is that only for people who update to the next iOS version?

(fyi I have my blobs and APTicket if that isn't apparent by now :p)

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

The team has stated Apple can block this. If they chose to do so it would be at the next firmware update. You can not restore to firmware Apple is not signing on the 4 S. They would need to find a similar exploit for the new firmware to go back to whatever old firmware.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

With an untethered jailbreak coming soon for all devices on 5.1.1, under what scenario would restoring to 5.0.1 "in the future" be necessary ?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Very well put.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Just wondering :)

I know once pod2g does his wizardry, all my 5.0.1 iDevices go to 5.1.1 and I'm not looking back :D