Question about a Family Plan Iphone purchase

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by byttle, Jul 2, 2008.

1. byttle macrumors member

byttle

Alright, on my family plan I have my mother, brother, and grandma. Id like to purchase an iphone on lauch day but my phone isn't available for upgrade, but my grandma's is. She doesn't care if i use her upgrade, but my question is, Does she have to be there, in the ATT store, on launch day so that i can use her upgrade?

2. skylerdavid macrumors newbie

I'm in a similar situation, does anyone know the answer to this?

3. skylerdavid macrumors newbie

Also:

If phone#1 on a family plan is eligible, can you just switch the SIM card with phone#2 after the iPhone has been activated for phone#1? Or could you just use the eligible upgrade for a different number on the family plan?

4. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

I'm in the same situation, also the number that's up for upgrade won't be eligible till the 18th.

I went into the ATT store to ask. The guy told me:

(1) About using another line's upgrade: "Mmmm....that *should* be possible. We'll have to see".

(2) About giving the upgrade a week earlier: "Maybe...Call me a little closer to launch and we'll see".

I'm going to ask another ATT store, but basically its still up in the air because it's an iPhone. However, for the record I have 3 lines on my account and ATT DID allow me to use one line's upgrade on another number a few months ago, however this was to get an LG Shine, not an iPhone, so we'll see.

5. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

cant you just upgrade her phone, then swap sim cards, and cancel her data plan, and switch it with yours. I feel like att will likely just let you use her upgrade in store, to avoid any confusion.