Question about a Macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ferri1c, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Ferri1c macrumors member

I am looking to purchase a macbook pro real soon. My question is...Is it ok if I get the least expensive model that are in the 15'' macbook pros? I use my computer for normal internet surfing and playing online poker mostly. I do not game on them and I'm not involved with making movies or any high tech stuff. So if thats what I will be using it mostly for would I even notice a difference between the 3 different price levels of the 15'' macbook pro's?

Also one more question. Is now the time to buy one or is a new product line coming out soon where I should just wait a couple months to get the new line?

Thanks in advance...

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Even 13" would be fine for you, so yes, the base 15" is great for you

3. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

Yep base 15" is fine, or even the 13" for what you do. I wouldn't bother waiting. No need really. Of course the next will always be better. So if you can wait, why not?

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Since you have pretty basic needs, there is no need to wait for the next revision. And like the others said, the base model of either the 13 or 15 will be plenty for you.

5. maerz001 macrumors 6502

maerz001

get the maxed out 17". poker card will be bigger and with the faster cpu you don't have to think that hard what card to play next

6. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Base 15" will easily handle what you want to do with it, 13" would have enough horsepower as well, it really boils down to what screen size you want. Also with what uses you have planned, I wouldn't wait for the next revision, you wouldn't notice much (if any at all) of a difference.

7. Ferri1c thread starter macrumors member

Thanks so much for everyones feedback!!! Now I just have to decide if I want a 15'' or a 13''. I always had a 15'' but maybe a 13'' will do just fine. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

8. maerz001 macrumors 6502

maerz001

you wanna tell us that your 15" can't handle surfing & online poker?