Question about a new AT&T account and billing cycle

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PD081, Jun 30, 2009.

1. PD081 macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I ordered an iPhone a few days ago from the AT&T store and it looks like it is going to arrive in the store on July 1st. I am new to AT&T so I'll be setting up and activating my account on the 1st.

My question is, with my account being created on the 1st of the month, what will my billing cycle be? I assume that that will work out nicely since I won't have any prorated charges in my first bill? Is the first of the month a good time to setup a new wireless account?

2. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

From my understanding the first of the month or the beginning of the billing cycle is the worst time. Because AT&T will prorate your first month, you will have to pay the full monthly charge, plus, AT&T charges you for an extra month on your first bill, and you have to pay the $36 activation fee. I'm in the same boat. :(

3. iGary Guest

iGary

Whatever your billing cycle, buy yourself a six-pack for when the first bill arrives.

4. PD081 thread starter macrumors member

5. iGary Guest

iGary

It usually ends up being a month and a half or something like that. There's no understanding it, much like the bills.