Question about a Quicktime functionality thats "not" in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iMJustAGuy, Oct 13, 2009.

1. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I put the "not" in quotations because I wasn't sure but I've searched damn hard for it. When I open up a Music video or any video for that matter in Quicktime there is a button with a left and right arrow that I can click to make the video stretche all the way on my 16:9 screen laptop. Why can we not do this in iTunes or can we? It usually comes up right near the full screen button near volume in Quicktime. Thanks!

2. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

You people SUCK! Screw MacRumors AND ITS MEMBERS, I can NEVER get any help around here.
    Just Playin' I love you guys, haha. Just doin' a little cheating to get me thread back to the top so more people will recognize it and in return I might get an answer! :D I'm so smart.

PS: I FEEL LIKE A ZOMBIE BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN MAKING A PRESENTATION FOR THE PAST 9 HOURS!!!! (Not that anyone cares just felt like having a twitter moment) And now I have to "get up" and go to class. Good thing I don't have to work (12 hour shifts in an ER!) today.

3. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

In iTunes start your movie. The go to VIEW --> Full Screen (Command F)

I've asked questions before and not gotten an answer. You need to be a little nicer. Telling folks that they suck isn't a good way to get your question answered.

4. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Whatever, lol if they get offended by that AFTER I said I was jokin...they shouldn't. BUT thank you for the response. Actually though, I was talking about when it is in full screen how to stretch it so there are no black bars on the sides. You can do it when in Quicktime but I have not found how in iTunes.

5. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Please and thanks!

6. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I cant believe no one else hasnt showes concern for this feature. Its a biggie for me :(

7. yoshi1277 macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, the problem is not restricted to iTunes. I have the same issue with Front Row. I want to be able to watch full full-screen video, which I can with Quicktime (although a little quirky when watching videos with subtitles). My issue is, I like to watch several videos in a row, and with Quicktime every time a video ends, I have to go up to the computer and start the next one. With Front Row I can just use the remote, but then you have the black bars.

Now, I went over to Apple Discussions to look up this issue and apparently it's been a problem since 2008 for some people.

One "solution" is to change the resolution to 1024 x 768 (stretched) then play the video full screen, but to be honest, that's a compromise. Unfortunately, at this time your options are QT or VLC (if you need to do playlists).

Wish I could have found an answer for you since it bugs me as well.