Question about a rMBP bought from BB?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SS4Luck, Aug 26, 2014.

1. SS4Luck macrumors regular

SS4Luck

Okay I bought my laptop last night, and have a question,

Can I add applecare through Mac for my rMBP or do i have to buy it through them??

Also if I can, should i get applecare or the Geek Squad protection plan? I didn't even think about this when going in to buy. This is the first Mac I've boughten not from Mac, but with the nearly $400 off in coupons and my $400 credit at BB it was a no brainer

2. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

You can add AppleCare any time within the first year (warranty period). It will ONLY cover the MBP for 3 years from date of purchase, regardless of when you actually buy the extended warranty. You can purchase it anywhere it is sold - there are some pretty deep discounts over Apple's list price.

3. SS4Luck thread starter macrumors regular

SS4Luck

Awesome. Ill have to compare the two coverages (mainly length).

Can anyone point me to one of the better/cheaper places to look into buying Apple Care from? I know how competent most Geek Squad guys are and in the case of something actually going wrong I would much rather have them (Mac) open up my baby lol

4. nexus4life macrumors regular

Be cautious buying applecare from anywhere other than apple. Applecare is one of the best warranties you can buy, along with square trade. Squaretrade also covers accidental damage, though you have to buy it a lot sooner than the allowed 1 year with Applecare.

5. SS4Luck thread starter macrumors regular

SS4Luck

who is square trade through?

6. nexus4life macrumors regular

7. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

If you want AppleCare on virtually anything, the cheapest retailer is B&H. Typically free shipping and no sales tax.