Question about additional new Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LakesPuma, Apr 30, 2013.

1. LakesPuma macrumors newbie

Hello Sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find an answer.
    I've been a log term Mac user with my own MBP so I have my own app store account which I have used to purchase many apps.

I have now managed to convince my wife to get a mac and have just ordered a nice new 27" iMac.

I'm obviously going to create user accounts for me and the wife on the iMac.

Am I allowed to install the the apps I've purchased through the app store on the iMac under my user?

Can my wife have the same apps under her user login?

Help!

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Apps are installed in the Applications Folder and are accessible for all user aside from parental controls.
    If for instance both are Admin accounts and no parental rules are set both have complete access to the Apps.

3. flynz4 macrumors 68040

You can install them on all computers that you own... so the answer is yes.

You will need to use the same Apple ID on the "Mac App Store" (MAS). However, the MAS Apple ID does not need to be the same Apple ID that you use for personal usage... such as mail, syncing, messaging, etc.

What I find useful is to have a single Apple ID that we all use for our computer store purchases (we use it for all purchases... MAS, iTunes App Store, etc)... and then we each have our own Apple IDs for our personal usage.

/Jim