Question about Adobe Creative Suite (EDUCATION)?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BG-Mac, Jan 21, 2009.

1. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

I've got a quick question that hopefully someone can help me with. I'm a senior in college and am about to buy the 17" MBP. I also would like to buy the Adobe Web Premium CS4 software while I am still able to use my student discount. My question is, is the education version the same as the retail version? And when I eventually want to upgrade it (out of school) will I be able to? Also, will I be able to use the software for work once I graduate? I'm not really sure about all the details, but want to take advantage of the education discount while I still can. Thanks in advance.. :)

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Yes, the software is identical. No, you cannot upgrade from one edu version to another. You may upgrade from an edu version to the full version. And yes, you can use your software for commercial work, except in Australia, which for some reason has a different edu license, but who's looking anyway?

3. KFujiwara macrumors member

KFujiwara

I am a Sophomore in college and am also looking into getting the Creative Suite with the education discount (although through the school and not through Apple or Adobe). To my understanding, the license given with the education package only allows for educational or personal use of the software. You would then need a standard license to use it for work or other purposes. I could be wrong but that is what I heard from school.

4. BG-Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. So just so I understand correctly, if I buy the EDU CS4 version, I can upgrade to the standard CS5 version when available? Thanks alot for the help.