Question About Adobe LR Installation.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Traverse, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I've been using the trial of Adobe LR 5 and have really grown to like it so I think I'm going to buy the $10 LR and Photoshop subscription. I currently have no need for Photoshop so I'm just going to install LR.

When i installed the trial it installed LR and also installed Adobe Creative Cloud (menu bar app), created an ACC folder in my home directory, and installed an AAMLauncherutil that briefly starts when I launch LR as well as "ACCFinderBundleLoader_64" and 32.

I don't use Adobe's cloud service. I don't care to sync (at least right now) to LR mobile. I just want to use a local version of LR. I'm going to completely uninstall the trial software and then purchase the subscription. Once it's all set up is it safe to delete the ACC program and folder?

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

The ACC folder contains the program that periodically connects to Apple's servers to verify your account. Leave it intact.

3. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Yeah, Adobe installs are quite complicated. That stuff is sorta like BOM receipts, and keeps track of a bunch of stuff for the applications, including your right to use them (and BTW, the stand alone is also a fairly complex installation). Best to just move on from the demo by just subscribing without the hassle of downloading.

That stuff also keeps track of upgrades for things like RAW processing.

4. Traverse thread starter macrumors 603

Traverse

Thanks for the replies. I turned off ACC from running at login because I don't want it's icon in my cluttered menu bar and I'll move the folder from my Home directory to my Pictures folder, but there's no harm in leaving it installed I supposed.

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

The Adobe Creative Cloud in no way reaches out to Apple's servers to verify your Adobe Creative Cloud account.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think he meant to say Adobe's servers.

7. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

You're right. I wasn't fully caffeinated when I typed that.

8. Traverse thread starter macrumors 603

Traverse

I remember you said you bought the LR subscription. Do you keep everything installed and allow ACC to run in your menubar? I really just want LR to remain local, I have no use for CC right now.