Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
Okay so I just got an Airport Extreme (802.11ac) used off Kijiji. I Ultimately want to replace my older AE with this new one. But for now I set it up to extend my network just to make sure it works. The light is solid green. My first question is why can I not see my AE (802.11ac) or my Airport Express when I click on the WiFi in the menu bar? I use my Express for AirPlay with my AV receiver. Also when I first set up the new AE it asked me if I wanted to move my settings from my older one to the new one. I would like to but when I clicked "yes" it said I needed to move my connections from my older AE to the new AE. Right now they are in different rooms which means I'd have to unplug the new AE and move it to the other room to connect the ethernet. Would that interrupt the process? Also my AV receiver has Airplay built in? If I can't see the new AE or Express in my WiFi drop down does that mean I can't see it on my AV receiver when selecting the network to Airplay from?

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 6.25.14 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.