Question about Anti-Glare film for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mattdo93, Oct 9, 2010.

1. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Hello macrumors, right now I'm checking out the Anti-Glare film for iPhone 4's. There are mixed reviews about the film reducing Retina Display or not. I would like to ask if anyone currently owns one and can tell me if it really does reduce the Retina Display? I was planning on getting one but I don't know if I should. Here is an image and the link.
    [​IMG]

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H2330LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MTg5NTI4MDM

2. k3roro macrumors 6502

I purchased this from the Apple store, I think the iPhone 4 version of this is called the Anti-Glare HD.

As for whether or not it reduces the retina display, I can safely say that it does become a little dimmer and fuzzier compared to the crystal clear screen protectors.

The display still looks very nice but yes you can notice the difference.

3. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

It is grainy. That is all there is to it. If you don't mind that, then the resilience to finger prints and smoothness more then make it worth well.

4. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Thank you very much for the quick and informative replies :D

5. Fisher624 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have had a PS Anti glare HD on my phone for about a week now. It definitely is grainy, as reported above. It is something you get used to, but it is always there, especially when you're looking at a white screen, like MR, or reading/composing mail. I just replaced the AG with a PS crystal, and I couldn't be happier. The screen is perfect again. Maybe I'll have to wipe it down more often, but having the retina display back is well worth that.

6. chanerz macrumors 6502a

took out my anti glare and replace with crystal clear. it was so grainy .

7. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Yeah, I currently have a PS crystal on my phone as well but to me, it catches dust pretty easily and because I have the Apple bumper on as well, it sticks to the sides. I think I will just keep my screen and take off the bumper, leave the sides naked :apple:

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The fuzziness makes my retina display not so retina. The whole point of the super dense pixels is to make it look sharp and clear. A screen protector, even the crystal clear ones destroy that. No thanks, I'm not paying to make my screen worse.

9. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Agree'd. I peeled off my PS anti-glare and went naked, love my iPhone again!

10. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

I love anti-glare screen shields, I'm using a Scosche anti-glare screen and I don't think it inhibits the retina display at all. Everything still looks sharp for me, but I also think that not all Anti-glares are created equal. They are inexpensive enough to purchase and try out and see if you like them or not

11. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Anyone else remove the anti glare for the crystal or Clear screen? It's weird some of us at first loved the anti glare but now noticed the grainy look.. I may through on my replacement Zagg until my is crystal comes in.

12. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

the anti glare adds grain and lowers the resolution of the retina display

anyone who says otherwise is a liar or in denial

there is no PERFECT screen protector

the matte ones add grain
    the clear ones don't hide fingerprints

13. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

I like my anti-glare, i really do, but i do miss the retina display. i just can't stand smudges and oil and i don't want my screen to scratch. I hated wiping my screen after every use and was too paranoid on scratches. I guess i will stick with my anti-glare :(