Question about App downloads and backups

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by ri0ku, Jun 19, 2010.

1. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Sorry guys if this seems like a stupid question but I havnt really bought apps before, i normally just get free apps. Recently I bought abouts £30 of apps for my ipad and i have them all backed up to itunes on my macbook. My question is...

If your macbook were the break down... (il use mirrors edge as an example) and I lose all my apps.... that were in itunes.. and I deleted mirrors edge off my iPad... Would I then have to re purchase it? or will iTunes remember I bought it already?

2. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

You would have to contact Apple Customer Support.

3. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm, so I guess il have to use the back up itunes purchases to disc feature then. I wish iTunes was cloud based and remembered your purchases like Steam does for video games....

I dont want some freak accident thing to happen where I lose all my purchased stuff. I guess backing up to discs and with time machine should keep me safe.

4. riam macrumors regular

The apple app store willmremember you already pay for it youmjust have to push the buy button again and a message will prompt " you already buy this application don you want to downlad it again?

And you press yes, no double charge you can do this in your iPad AppStore or in iTunes,

This works only for apps, with songs it docent work and yo will be double charged.

You can try this with a free app and it will work with the same message.

5. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh thats cool then, so im safe with apps no matter what now. (Im not to worried about music because I only use music I have on cd's anyway)

But was worried about my app purchases, now im at ease :D Thanks guys

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

If you contact apple support they can add the whole lot to your download que. Then u just log into iTunes goto account settings and there is an option to download all your outstanding purchases.

It's quicker tbh but you can only do it once or twice.

7. JulianL macrumors 65816

Does anyone know about iBooks? Are they like apps or songs?

- Julian

8. Treebark macrumors regular

Treebark

Apps. You can re-download your purchased books on iDevices...even several (for instance, if you have both an iPhone and an iPad, buy once, download on both, and it synchs up your reading spot)

9. JulianL macrumors 65816

Thanks.

- Julian