Question about app startup - solved

definitive

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I've been having this issue since I've installed Mountain Lion on both of my computers. I have Google Notifier set to launch on startup, but for some reason it doesn't. Instead I have to launch it manually every time. Anyone know if there's a fix for this, if Google will be updating it, or some kind of a free alternative to it? (no Mail please)

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I've been having this issue since I've installed Mountain Lion on both of my computers. I have Google Notifier set to launch on startup, but for some reason it doesn't. Instead I have to launch it manually every time. Anyone know if there's a fix for this, if Google will be updating it, or some kind of a free alternative to it? (no Mail please)
How exactly did you set it to launch? Did you add it to your Login Items in System Preferences > Accounts?

definitive

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I used the default in-app option to launch, but it turns out that adding it in accounts does indeed work. I guess problem is solved.

sugarcubed

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
Having the same notifier problem

Hi, Im having the same problem with google notifier. Can you tell me where the Login Items in System Preferences > Accounts is located?
thanks in advance

Virtual Steve

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2012
Hi, Im having the same problem with google notifier. Can you tell me where the Login Items in System Preferences > Accounts is located?
thanks in advance
System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items tab (there are 2 tabs - Passwords and Login Items, you want the second one)