Question about Apple fixing cracked macbooks

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mysoxlike2party, Jul 9, 2011.

1. mysoxlike2party macrumors newbie

I heard they'll fix all macbooks with the cracking problem. My question is, do they also replace the keyboard/trackpad if you have a crack on the palmrest or on the keyboard area? Do they replace it with a completely new keyboard/trackpad?

2. boston44 macrumors 6502

I had a giant crack in my top case that continued barely to the keyboard and they replaced the top case and keyboard. They only didn't replace the trackpad because no damage was near it and it worked fine. I assume if you show a crack near those areas, it will be covered without charge.

3. mysoxlike2party thread starter macrumors newbie

i have a crack on the palm rest and next to the keyboard. do you think they'll replace my whole keyboard? Like if there's a problem concernng my keyboard, it'd be like they just fixed my problem for free since they replaced the keyboard unit?

4. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

Which model? On the non-unibody models they most likely would replace the top frame and keyboard as it is general considered one part. I'm not positive on the newer unibody model.

5. brapmac740 macrumors member

brapmac740

I wouldn't be quick to assume that as the top case gets cracked by the bevel, I don't think they replace the trackpad because there isn't anyway the Bevel into the designs can damage the trackpad...but as many times as i've been to the apple store they've been incredibly generous. So who knows.