Question about Apple Mail.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Flyyvon, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Flyyvon macrumors member

Hello guys.

I only have a question about Apple Mail. Some of you will probably ask why does he ask such a simple question but here it goes anyway. (i just need to know)
    When writing a new e-mail. When i start typing the name of the person in the (TO:) or (CC:) field, Mail gives me some suggestions so i don't have to type the entire e-mail address. So far, no problems. The only thing is that it shows me some old e-mail address that are no longer valid and no longer in my address book. Is their a way to get rid of those old e-mail address.

I told you it was a simple question but i can't seem to find the way to do this. I even tried to clear the Mail cache in: user, library, cache, mail and it doesn't change anything.

Any idea anyone?

Thank you in advance, Yvon.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Those addresses are not found locally I believe. It's from the contacts in your mail service, like Gmail or Yahoo.

Yup, just did a test. Simply clear out the contacts list on the online mail site (like gmail.com yahoo.com) and check for new mail. That should fix it. Also digg around the address book.

3. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

Select menu Window/Previous Recipients. From displayed list select address e-mail or person that you want to remove and than click Remove From List.