Question about Apple maps over Bluetooth

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by falkedup, Jun 17, 2013.

1. falkedup macrumors regular

Does it finally override your in car radio? for example; if you are not on the radios bluetooth input but are still connected, will it quiet the radio, give directions then put the radio back on? I dont understand why this isnt standard in ios 6

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Its not a matter of the phone or iOS version, its a matter of the car and the car's software. My Hyundai Sonata does not do this, while my brother's VW Golf R does.

It only works in my car if my car's radio is on the bluetooth media input.

3. falkedup thread starter macrumors regular

I understand this but in my car with my pioneer avic bt something stereo, google maps overrides whatever is playing and apple maps does not. That leads me to believe its a software choice on Apples part.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Okay, that is very interesting. From previous experiences it was all or nothing. Sorry I can't be any more helpful.

5. Jett0516 macrumors 6502a

Jett0516

It depends on where the music is being played from. If the music is playing on the car radio unit the music will completely quiet down when siri speaks. If the music is being played from your iphone while using the navi, you'll hear the music in the background when siri speaks.

I believe this is the same in ios 6.