Question about Apple Payment plan and Citizen's One bank (iPhone 7 Plus preorder question)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djty392, Sep 9, 2016.

1. djty392, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016

djty392 macrumors newbie

Hello!

So I just saw a charge on my credit card that was taken out then put right back in. Has that happened to anyone else? I preordered the iPhone 7 Plus and applied for the Apple Payment plan as well. I saw that someone in another thread saw that and got approved. How do you know you are approved for the payment plan or not? Will they send an email? Just want to make sure everything is ok! Also the charge I saw on the card wasn't the amount they initally said (first month and tax)

Thanks!

2. ayobonus macrumors regular

I also got a charge and a refund on my credit card. I got an email from Citizens One about an hour and a half ago confirming that I had been approved for the loan. It says in the email you'll be charged again once your phone ships.

3. djty392 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, so they will email you when you've been approved?

Also, the charge going in and coming out should be a good sign it took it right? My credit is good and should be no problem.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 9, 2016 ---
    Also, did you preorder yours at 3am? I did mine about 9am this morning.

4. ramonabynes macrumors regular

ramonabynes

Mine was the same as yours. The charge was made and immediately refunded for an amount slightly above what was quoted. I got the approval email from citizens about an hour after completing my order. It says "preparing for shipment"

5. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

First charge was temp to make sure it worked, you will get real charge when shipped. You will get email when approved, mine took 1.5 hours this morning.

6. djty392 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup, just got my email. I am approved! Now the wait begins haha and I have to wait even longer. I'm hoping it gets shipped even earlier.

7. Press22 macrumors 6502

Press22

Has anyone successfully logged in or created an account at citizensone?

It takes me to a blank page

8. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

Yep, they're pinging to card to make sure it's valid. It's just a temporary auth...the actual charge won't stick until you pick up the phone.

9. CptGabok macrumors member

I couldn't do it on iOS, I had to switch to my iMac and do it on Safari to get past the blank page.

10. ayobonus macrumors regular

I pre-ordered around 3:15 AM EDT (when the Apple Store finally came up). I got quoted with a October 18-31 delivery date. I pre-ordered the 7 Plus, Jet Black, 256GB.

11. that1dj macrumors member

Did anyone get the charge and not get approved?

I'm in excellent credit standing and was told this:

"There's an issue with your application

Unfortunately, you were not approved for financing.

Citizens One will send you an email in the next 24 hours explaining why your application for financing was unsuccessful, as well as a phone number to call if you’d like to discuss your application.

You can still purchase a new iPhone today by choosing another payment option."

Citizen's did this to me last year and apparently it wasn't anything to do with my credit. We verified every single piece of info with the credit union that they used to base the check off of and nothing was different as far as my identity was concerned. They were supposed to inform me of an appeals process that I could go through to get everything all figured out...that was October of 2015. (-_-)

12. Press22 macrumors 6502

Press22

I'm on a desktop using chrome and still getting stuck at a blank page.