Question about Apple preorder tonight

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sdfd504, Feb 8, 2011.

1. sdfd504 macrumors regular

I have a question about the preorder tonight. Me and my wife are swapping to verizon and I am going to try to preorder an iPhone tonight through the apple site. I was wondering if it would be possible to set up a family plan for us even if she won't be ordering an iPhone? If so would I just have to go to the local store to pick up her normal phone?

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

I'm thinking that you should pre-order tonight and get a Verizon plan started. Once you get your iPhone and activate it, your account with Verizon will be in place. Next step would be to enhance that plan to a family plan either online or in a store. I really don't know the details and most of your questions should be directed to Verizon.

3. iFitz macrumors regular

fyi, the pre-order was last week. Tonight is the actual on sale date, not a pre-order.

4. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Since Apple only sells iPhones, and not other carrier phones, in order to start a new line through Apple, you need to order an iPhone. I'm not understanding why you would start a family plan through Apple if your intention was not for both of those lines to have iPhones.

5. iBryton macrumors regular

Apple's preorder starts tonight, and it comes out on the 10th. Check apple.com before you give a false source.

BTW! If you can't add other phones (different phones), just buy the standard contract and create it into a family plan.

6. iFitz macrumors regular

Apple's pre-order started last week. I feel you're the one who should check his source before stating false information. Last week, on the 3rd, both Apple and Verizon had a pre-order for existing customers. The phone is launched on Thursday, which is why online orders can start ordering on Wednesday. It's not a pre-order.

7. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

Does anyone know if the reserve option to pick it up at an Apple store involves pre-paying for the phone or paying at the store? I have a line that can upgrade on the 10th itself...so I cannot actually purchase the phone on the 9th or else it will be full price.

8. JohnsiPhone macrumors newbie

make sure you are on your computer right when it turn 12am (PST) 3am (est) or else you may miss out. I bet both sites will crash due to the traffic they will receive! Maybe even use two computers! Good luck!!