Question about Apple Watches Bluetooth and driving

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AppleKaet, May 12, 2015.

1. AppleKaet macrumors newbie

I have a quick question for those who have an Apple watch already in hand! ( sadly I ordered April 15 with a June delivery).

Currently I drive my car with Bluetooth paired to my phone .I often use the text to speech for messages and Siri, However when I use the Siri or text to speech it disrupts my music playing in the vehicle and makes it non functionable. I was curious if anyone has tried, or could test if the watch Bluetooth can work while the car is still streaming audio without disruption.

I know not everyone's car may have the same issue, but a question that just happened to strike me. I'm not even sure if you can have all that Bluetooth pairing at once either.

Thank you !

2. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

I would imagine it would be the same. Since the phone would stop any audio from playing so you can make your call. I don't have my watch yet but will come June.

3. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

I would imagine it's going to function exactly the same as now

However, if you're playing music from the phone, you can use Siri on your wrist without interrupting music

4. simonx314 macrumors regular

I use Siri on my Apple Watch in the car and it does not interrupt audio playback of the iPhone.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Same as it is now and yes I have my watch

----------

If your calling it does on my golf

6. mrboba1 macrumors regular

I have told the watch to play one of my phone's playlists - it does not interrupt the music until the phone takes over to play my playlist.

7. flur macrumors 68000

My phone automatically syncs with my car's BT to play music. I've found with the watch I can talk to Siri, tell Siri to change what's playing music-wise, respond to texts, etc., without the music stopping. (In the case of changing songs, the current song plays until Siri finds the song/album/playlist I've requested).

I have not asked Siri to read me any messages - does this work on the watch?

----------

Phone calls have to go through the phone, so if the phone is connected to the car's BT, then yes, it will route the call through the car. For text to speech, though, if that can be done as a watch-only task, it might not affect the music.

8. Cuyler macrumors 6502

I don't know if anyone has made this clear, but Siri on the watch is mute — there's no audio reply, just a text response. If you ask the watch to read a message, it asks if you want to hand it off to the phone.

9. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Correct