Question about AppleCare for my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Biggington, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Biggington macrumors newbie

I bought a MacBook Pro back in 2013 and it is still under warranty. Unfortunately now it doesn't perform as great as when I first got it and I was wondering what is the best way to go about trying to claim a new one through my warranty. Can anyone guide me on this one? Thanks.

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

You won't get a replacement. You'll get a repair. There's a "policy" where if you need a repair for the same thing thrice, they'll exchange for a new machine.

What problem are you experiencing, exactly, that you think you deserve a replacement?

3. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

I don't think you'll get many sympathizers here with what you are trying to do.

What problems are you having? What model and what configuration is your Mac?

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

What does that mean ? In what sense it "doesn't perform as great as when you first got it" ?

5. JohnDS macrumors 65816

There are any number of reasons it might not be performing as well as new which have nothing to do with hardware and will not be addressed by the warranty.

First of all, how full is the hard drive? If it is more than 85% full, that will slow performance. Please tell us how big your hard drive is and how much free space is left.

Secondly, unless you are running El Capitan, open Disk Utility (found in /Applications/Utilities) and run Verify Disk. Let us know if it finds any problems and says your disk needs repairing.

If your disk needs repairing (or if you are running El Capitan) boot while holding down the command-R key combination the select the utilities and first aid and run Repair Disk.

6. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

you can run first aid 'live' on el capitan, btw (then reboot into Recovery if need be)...

7. JohnDS macrumors 65816

I thought that live verification was no longer available in El Capitan.