Question about AppleCare.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gc15, Apr 22, 2013.

1. gc15 macrumors regular

I bought a refurbished macbook pro back in october i do believe, any ways I'm just wanting to have confirmation about this because i was told this when buying it, but i can still purchase Apple Care as long as it has been in the first year of my product correct?

Im just wondering, because i don't know why but i feel like my macbook has been running slow for some odd reason. Like for instance, lately my battery feels like its going down really quick when I'm just having safari running and iTunes. Also sometimes i feel like it is taking longer to force quit an application and i feel like m fan is a little bit louder. I don't know maybe i'm just over anazlying everything; however, and i know there is nothing wrong with letting your mac charge all the time, but i just feel like it doesn't withhold as much charge when i do that. Again maybe i'm over analyzing.

2. macalec macrumors 6502

Correct, you have one year to add the Apple Care Protection on your macbook pro.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Correct.
    That doesn't sound like a hardware problem. It sounds more like an app or process that is burning up system resources, causing slower response and reduced battery life.

If you're having performance issues, this may help:
    Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy. The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.