Question about AppleCare

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Ritte, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Ritte macrumors regular

I'm about to buy a Mac mini from Dubai, but I live in Sweden.
    Can I buy the AppleCare when I'm back in Sweden and repair my Mac mini in Sweden?

2. HipsterGG macrumors member

HipsterGG

You can buy the AppleCare Protection Plan for your MacMini since it's worldwide, you can't buy the upcoming AppleCare+. Not even sure if that coming for the MacMini.

But the regular AppleCare, yes you can.

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I know in the US you have up to three months to buy Applecare. Look at the appleStore in your home country to see if you could do the same.

4. HipsterGG macrumors member

HipsterGG

AppleCare isn't location based, it's based on a activation code (which is in the box you buy) and the serial number of your Apple device.

Heck.. you can even buy AppleCare at Ebay for 50% of the regular prices and still activate it.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can buy AppleCare any time during the first year, while the original warranty is in effect.

6. Ritte thread starter macrumors regular

Main reason for my asking is because Apple seems not to sell AppleCare in Dubai. Therefore I wanted to know if the Mac mini bought from there would be used with AppleCare in Sweden.

7. Bear macrumors G3

The main issue with AppleCare is the date it was bought from an Apple Authorized Reseller. IF the place you are buying it from in Dubai is not an authorized reseller, then you won't have a proof of purchase that is valid to base AppleCare on.

8. satcomer, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer