Question about Applecare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by edblor, Apr 16, 2009.

1. edblor macrumors regular

Hi all,

I've read threads regarding good Applecare experiences, and poor Applecare experiences.

My Applecare expires in May I think. I have a late 2006 MBP 17" Core Duo. Everything works great and I am quite happy with it.

The screen bleeds a little, and is a little inconsitent. Is this worth trying to make a claim?

Lastly; Is there anything I should perhaps do prior to it expiring, to ensure that my MBP keeps on ticking? In other words, a checkup?

Thanks all,

Ed

2. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

If you are happy with it then don't muck with it; that's a good way to end up with a few months of frustration.

If you are unhappy with it, take it in.

3. macgrl macrumors 65816

It could well be a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it. If there is something wrong that you don't like take it in, if not it is better not to poke it :)

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If there is anythign you are unhappy with then you should go in and talk to a genius about repairs. That is why you bough the extended warranty right?

5. edblor thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies guys!

I bought this MBP a few months used. It came with the extended AC warranty, which helped in my purchasing decision.

I guess what I am trying to get at is, if this was my car, and the warranty was about to expire, I'd take it in for a checkup. Get the fluids changed, and have someone look to see if all of the recalls were done, and perhaps if something "looked" like it was about to go, and have them replace it under said warranty.

I know the MBP is not a car, and the analogy may not be the best, but this was my line of thinking:p

Now with the minor backlight bleed, and inconsistent light, is it worth it to pursue a replacement?

6. macgrl macrumors 65816

I know what you mean. What you want is for apple to have a look at it and to see if there are any major problems and to fix them before it's too late. I don't think that they do this sort of check up service. If you want to I suppose you take the comp to the apple store and raise your concerns, they would then check various things that would be kind of a check up.:)

7. macgrl macrumors 65816

Would you be looking to get this check up for free though?:)

8. edblor thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, yes I would:)

9. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon