Question about application plans on iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mon-pc, Jan 25, 2013.

1. mon-pc macrumors newbie

hello to all!
    today i bougt a iphone 4s locked to fido and a new sim card also but i didn't yet activate my phone so i dont have line service with any company.
    actually i thought i can use the Plans application without service but i m not able to use it.
    so i would like to know i should absolutly activate the line with fido or i can use the map without that?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking..but to answer what I think you're asking, you need data plan to use the mobile web (which maps requires when not on wifi), therefore you'd have to have a phone activated on a plan.

3. mon-pc thread starter macrumors newbie

actually i m asking about the Map. you know on the front screen of iphone 4s there is one application called ''Plans'' this is what i am talking about. i want to know, can i use this application without connection or it has to be connected to internet?
    is there anyway to install Google Map free on iphone 4s so like that if i dont have internet connection i can see the map?

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I have never heard of an app called "Plans."

You could download the google maps app from the app store (if you're logged in with your Apple ID) if you're connected to wifi. I'm not sure how they're mapping works exactly but theoretically you could load a map while on wifi then use it on the go, but you wouldn't be able to change anything once away from the internet connection.

5. jacobss macrumors 6502

You will need internet connection to load the map.