Question about Apps.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nanderson97, Sep 3, 2010.

1. nanderson97 macrumors newbie

I don't have to much experience with iPod touches so I was wondering if I would be able to buy an app on one iPod touch and then using home sharing to transfer it to another iPod touch later. So the main question, does home sharing work with paid apps or just free ones?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

As long as they are using the same iTunes account they can share apps. Just redownload it from the App Store, click the Buy Now button. You will NOT be charged again, a popup will appear shortly asking if you want to redownload the app for free.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

As long as both iPods are registered using the same iTunes account, then you can share apps between them.

4. Ipodize macrumors member

Ipodize

Home Sharing works with paid apps the same as free ones. Buy an app once, use it on up to 5 machines.

Source: first result on Google for "iPod Touch Home Sharing" :rolleyes:

5. BreuerEditor macrumors regular

BreuerEditor

I just did this with my 2 laptops. Easy way to transfer your purchases without re-downloading.

Navigate to "~user/Music/itunes/Mobile Applications" on the computer which has the applications already sync'd up. This is folder where your apps are stored when you sync.

Copy that folder onto a jump drive (or if you have the computer with you, just locate it in your shared section of finder), and drag and drop it onto the iTunes app of the computer you want to add the apps to. Viola! Transferred apps. Then it will ask you to authorize the computer (if you haven't done so already), and if you have multiple accounts of downloaded apps, it will prompt you one after the other...really convenient. I have 3 accounts. 1 old one from years ago, one when I bought my first Mac 4 years ago, and my .me account. Having bought things over the years in different accounts it makes that process of authorizing many users very simple instead of logging in and out to transfer purchases.

6. nanderson97 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, Thanks for the answers. I wanted to be able to play angry birds on an iPod touch that i have access to but I wanted to have it on my 4th Gen iPod touch when I get it for Christmas.

7. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

Thats good to know as I didnt realize the apps could be used on 5 machines!

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Yeah, I have it on my iPod and my iPhone with no problems ... be aware that it will not sync your progress, so you will have to play the game twice.